Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Star Tribune Article

Barb (commented on the last post) - I'm glad you found some useful recycling/disposal information. I hope the blog reaches people that we might have missed in the past and we will be sending out a 2009 Recycling Calendar that lists what paper and plastic items can be recycled. You could put this on the fridge with a magnet or piece of tape. Years ago we used to send magnets with the calendar, but not any more. Those darn budget cuts take the fun out of everything :)

In case anyone out there is interested, the Star Tribune had a nice article about the blog http://www.startribune.com/local/north/34493334.html?elr=KArksUUUU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
This is me, Mary, your fellow colleague here at the City. I think you should tell folks about how you are in a temporary office right now and there's no recycling bins handy... so you actually take all the smelly cans and bottles home with you. Eewwww! Tell us some juicy stuff!

Dan The Recycling Man said...

Yes, I am in a temporary office in our Central Fire Station, while the offices/building at Operations & Maintenance are getting a facelift. And yes I have been collecting cans/bottles in my office and bringing them home (when I remember). They have started to stack up so much that I am working on getting recycling going in all the Fire Stations in the City. I figure I was temporarily assigned here as a way to get recycling going! Maybe my old office isn't even getting a facelift? I'm going for a drive to see!