Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Too Many Phonebooks

Do you ever wonder why we receive seventeen phonebooks each year? Yes, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it sure seems like a waste to get more than one phonebook. Some people don't even use a phonebook, they just look up a number online or call for directory assistance (if you like free directory assistance try 1-800-GOOG-411, but the City and I are not officially endorsing it of course).

Back to phonebooks, if you want to stop getting them go to www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.com and you can opt out of getting white pages and/or yellow pages. I did this and I haven't received a phone book since!!! Okay, that was only last week but I will see how long it works.

2 comments:

kenc said...

you never used a printed book? Checked out the coupons in there? the local maps? Stadium seating?

Dan The Recycling Man said...

I still have a phone book in the cabinet by the phone, but I find myself using the internet most of the time now.